Having too many programs on your computer can slow down its performance. If you find some applications that you no longer want, it’s time to get rid of it and free up disk space. But the fact that you’re here means you need a little help to uninstall programs on Windows 10.
Removing applications on Windows PC is quite easy. There are some different ways that you can try, including through Settings, using uninstaller, and many more. Scroll on and upgrade your knowledge about uninstalling programs on Windows computer!
4 Ways to Uninstall Programs on Windows 10
The easiest way to remove applications is through Settings. But you can also install third-party apps to help you get rid of stubborn apps. Here are different ways to uninstall programs based on ecoMobilize.
1. Through Start Menu
This is one of the most efficient ways that you can try. Without the need of taking too many steps, you can get rid of unwanted applications and free up space on the computer. Here is how to do it:
- Click Start Menu and find a program you want to remove.
- You may also find the program in the All Apps list.
- Right click on the program and find the Uninstall option. If you cannot see this option, it means the program should be removed with other method.
- After clicking the Uninstall option, you will need to confirm that you really want to uninstall.
Once confirmed, the application will be deleted. Now it will disappear from the All Apps list.
2. Through Settings
Next on the list, you can easily uninstall unused programs or applications through Settings. This method doesn’t require extra effort and time, making it a great option for beginners. Follow these steps to remove programs from Settings menu:
- Click the search icon on your taskbar, then type Settings.
- Choose the Settings menu from the result.
- Select Apps, then click Apps and Features.
- At this point, you should see a list of applications installed on your computer.
- Scroll and navigate to apps you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the app and choose Uninstall.
After clicking uninstall, the applications will be deleted from your computer. Please note that this process cannot be undone or reversed, so be sure to uninstall the right apps.
3. Through Control Panel
If the previous methods don’t seem appealing, you can opt to uninstall apps through the Control Panel. This option is available in earlier Windows versions and remain exists in Windows 10. Using this method, it will be less likely to delete the wrong apps.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to remove unwanted programs from your computer:
- Click the search icon and type Control Panel on the search bar.
- Select Control Panel app from the result.
- Choose Programs, then click Programs and Features
- Scroll down and locate the apps you want to uninstall.
- Right click on the app, then choose Uninstall.
- Or else, you can also click the program and choose the Uninstall option atop the list.
This method is super easy so that beginners won’t find difficulties to follow the steps. Be sure to choose the right app before clicking Uninstall.
4. Using Third-Party Uninstallers
Third-party uninstallers offer a great option to remove unused programs on your computer cleanly without leftover settings and files. Compared to built-in uninstallers, third-party apps help clean your registry and files throughout the system.
There are plenty of uninstallers you can download, such as Ashampoo, IObit, and Revo. How to use the uninstallers vary depending on the apps that you are using. If you need to keep Windows clean, third-party apps can be the best solution.
Now that you know how to uninstall programs on Windows 10, check your computer and find if there are unnecessary or unused applications. Which method would you like to try?